Alternative initiative for savage worlds

When I first started running savage worlds I didn't like the idea of cards for initiative. While the idea eventually grew on me, and I would say became one of my very favorite systems. But I know some people just can't get past it, and prefer something different.

So for those people here is an alternative. Players instead roll d20s. Any time an abilities would allow the drawing of two cards, instead roll two dice (keeping the better of the two). Players act in order of highest roll to low roll.

Rolling a 20 is the same pulling a joker. This does mean that more than one joker can be played in a single round. But at 5% this should be pretty minimal.

Comments

  1. If I'm not mistaken, drawing a Joker is 1 in 27 chance. What about a D30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could easily use a D30. I don't mind the math being off any more than I mind the idea that using a D20 means multiple jokers would be more common.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Action Bennies for savage worlds.

Gather power (magic)